Let me first say that there are some Origen fans that this does not apply to at all – but for most of us – this is reality. I’ve always been the annoying and obnoxious fan when it comes to TV shows, sports and game shows. If I commit to something, I stick with it and I’m sure there are many of you in the same situation.
Now that the LCS Spring Playoffs are coming up, it’s time for all of us fans to crawl out of the woodwork and turn into cheerleaders. So if you’re a fan, you’ll definitely relate to these 10 things only we can understand.
1. You watch their games as an anxious parent would watch their child playing sports or competing in a science fair. Cheering, loudly at your computer while praying that nobody get camped on or that Kalista doesn’t get banned. Zven is a God on Kalista. Duh.
2. A large portion of your wardrobe contains the team colours. It’s perfect because black & blue look great on everyone, and it’s also the name of a Backstreet Boys album. So you cannot go wrong here.
3. Hearing unknowledgeable people say that Origen should change their rosters or that they aren’t skilled makes you cringe. Sure, that’s subjective, but how does a combination of the most CS (per minute) in EU LCS from Zven and several comeback games, make you come to that conclusion?
Source: Riot eSports
4. Often times you find yourself wondering if you’re too emotionally invested in Origen’s success. Usually this ends with you settling on the notion that there’s no such thing as ‘too emotionally invested in this team and you move on.
5. You think that everyone else needs to step up their selfie game because the greatest selfies of all time have been taken by our squad already.
If you’re an Origen fan, these are your favourite selfies ever taken.
6. You will remember this forever because you love Origen’s owner xPeke – even if this happened before Origen’s time.
Because getting “Backdoored” took on a whole new meaning for you at Intel Extreme Masters Season VI. In this season, we saw a brief backdoor from Soaz as well – I guess xPeke taught him well.
7. The worry of getting knocked out by our biggest friendly rival: FNATIC
This result would be absolutely disastrous and leave Origen fans open to rants from Fnatic fans, and we just can’t have that.
8. Complaining even when our team has the lead. You have to be a true fan to find something to pick at, even when your team is ahead. It’s not our best habit but frustration kicks in if our players aren’t executing the game plan. A win is a win, so they say, but we need a safety net just in case our team begins to blow the lead.
9.The constant unknown of who will be starting in the mid lane gives you nightmares. Alright, so maybe not nightmares but is it going to be xPeke or Power of Evil? Origen stop toying with our feelings!
10. In the true fans eyes, anyone with anything critical to say regarding Origen is a ‘hater’ and that’s final. They are the greatest team ever and any differing opinion is not so much an opinion as it is pure HATING.
Thank you fans, for your continuous support.
If you have any requests for blogs or suggestions, e-mail the Origen Media team at [email protected]
Cover Photo by: Dwight Casin